WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is a free and open-source SFTP, FTP, WebDAV and SCP client for Microsoft Windows. Its main function is secure file transfer between a local and a remote compute. For secure transfers, it uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports the SCP protocol in addition to SFTP.
1. Graphical user interface.
2. Translated into several languages.
3. Integration with Windows (Drag-and-drop, URL, shortcut icons).
4. All common operations with files.
5. Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2, FTP protocol and WebDAV protocol.
6. Batch file scripting, command-line interface and .NET wrapper.
7. Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways.
8. Integrated text editor.
9. Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication.
10. Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH.
11. Choice of Windows Explorer–like or Norton Commander–like interfaces.
12. Optionally stores session information.
13. Optionally import session information from PuTTY sessions in the registry.
14. Able to upload files and retain associated original date/timestamps, unlike FTP clients.